CECED, Conseil Europeen de la Construction d’Appareils Domestiques, is the European Committee of Manufacturers of Domestic Equipment, established in 1958. At that time CECED joined together different local associations, organizations and chambers representing domestic equipment industry in different Western European countries. In 1997 the central offices were opened in Brussels in order to better represent the industry in front of European Institutions.
CECED Polska was set up on December 11th 2003 on the establishing assembly and registered on 21st January 2004 as association of employers: CECED Polska – member of European Committee of Manufacturers of Domestic Equipment.
We are non-profit organization, which goals are:
- to represent the interests of employers - domestic equipment manufacturers, members of CECED Polska in front of the state, public administration, territorial government authorities and all other organizations,
- to coordinate, in technical areas, the participation of Polish domestic equipment manufacturers in international, European and national standardization, certification and similar bodies,
- to conduct studies and other research aimed at informing domestic equipment manufacturers in Poland and formulating a common policy,
- to collect data and statistics to inform members of the Association about the situation of the domestic equipment industry in Poland, Europe and the World,
- to maintain contacts with opinion-makers, consumers, employee representatives, scientific communities, economic and social organizations and the mass media connected with the realization of CECED Polska goals,
- the activity in the wide scope of environmental protection such as: introducing the idea of sustainable development, helping its members to fulfill the obligations concerning the environmental protection and taking up several activities aimed at increasing the ecological awareness of the society,
- establishment, payment and assumption of the shares in the recovery organization on the basis of art. 57 of the Act on waste electrical and electronic equipment of 29th July 2005, active participation in this organization and control and supervision of its activity.
Our members are: Amica, Ariston, Beko, Biazet, BSH, Candy, Ciarko, Daikin, De’Longhi, Electrolux, Franke, Gorenje, Indesit, Kärcher, Miele, Mpm, Philips, SEB Group, Panasonic, Samsung, Smeg, Teka, Vestel, Vorwerk, Whirlpool.
- they employ directly more than 200.000 employees worldwide
- their turnover is estimated to be about 40 bln € worldwide
- they represent white goods, small domestic equipment and heating producers
In Poland they invested above bilion of € to build and develop of more than 20 production plants. They export a lot of equipment manufactured in Poland. Thanks to those investments Poland is nowadays one of the major producer of Domestic Equipment, just after Italy and Germany.
All of the documents published on this web-site, which were prepared by CECED Polska, excluding those prepared by other institutions, are the property of CECED Polska and can not be used without the permission of their owner..